Thursday, March 31, 2011

Source of inspiration 268: Jeux d'enfants


I really like the film 'Jeux d'enfants' ('Love Me if You Dare'), by Yann Samuell. The main roles are played by Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet who are my favourites actors.
The story is about two childhood friends, Julien and Sophie. Their friendship is linked by a box and a challenge game which they never stop playing, even when they grow up: "truth or dare" ("cap ou pas cap?"). Both are "cap" every time, except to say they love each other. They live with these bets, for these bets, by these bets! The film shows us their life, from the beginning of their friendship until their deaths. It will take them a lifetime to say "I love you"...
And what is the box all about? In fact, when Julien and Sophie play the game, they give each other a lovely box. Whoever owns the box gives the other a challenge, and when it is done, the other wins the box and can gives a challenge in turn to his friend.
It is Julien's mother who gave him the box before her death. Sophie is Polish and people laugh about her. So for both of them, the game is a way to forget their problems. As time goes by, the game becomes essential, more beautiful and important in their lives.
Julien and Sophie, with this story, show us that we can stay child-like all our lives. This film is funny, touching, a little sad, very realistic, and it makes me dream!
A very good friend, Damien, gave me this film and I saw it, for the first time, with Mathilde and Margaux, my room mates at boarding school. We really enjoyed it! I thought it was important to say what this film represents for us. It makes me ask questions about the meaning of my life, my way of thinking and how I live every day.
And is it really a problem to stay a bit like a child all one's life? We must be serious, responsible, but we only have one life! So I think it is essential to be positive, and not to be so stressed like the adults!
Now, with my friends, we have found a box, and we sometime play "cap ou pas cap" to have fun. So, find a beautiful box and have fun in your life too!

1 comment: